Thursday, December 22, 2011

Seasonal Illness

Christmas break has begun and I feel lousy. Furthermore, I think I have felt similar to this during December and January of previous years. I have no records of this, but my memory tells me so. In any case, it started last week Monday 12/12 with malaise and some upper repertory symptoms (dry, scratchy throat, runny nose, sneezing, watery eyes) and as of this Monday 12/19 it all seems to have convalesced into a sinus infection. The sign is obvious: abundant, distinctly yellow and think mucus. I can flush it out, but it soon comes back. I saw the doctor today who diagnosed a sinus infection. I started antibiotics today. It is also noteworthy that I have been taken astragalus (non-standardized) and reishi (standardized) since Thursday 12/15. I wonder if I'd be the same or worse if I had not been taking them? Still, I think I will try to supplement in the future hoping to avoid seasonal illnesses. I want to try it and see if it works. Even before this current illness, I did have several occasions during the semester of what seemed like a mild cold and malaise. Olivia and Neil were also often sick this fall.

No comments: