Sunday, October 28, 2012

Arboricola

This is the newest addition to our collection of houseplants. I've come to have increasing confidence recently about my skill at keeping houseplants alive and healthy. Plus, it was on sale for only $2.44. Originally, before I had a yard of my own, my interest in and attraction to plants was solely directed at houseplants. It's not the way I wanted it to work out, but I killed so many plants during that period. A big turning point for me was that I read Howard Garrett's Organic Manual at about the same time I got a yard of my own. Those events together activated my instincts about what plants need in a way that neither could have done on their own, and I started to have success with outdoor plants. In any case, I found later that the same skill I developed worked with houseplants too, although I still see them as a greater challenge.

No comments: