Sunday, January 29, 2012

Fasting

So far today I've eaten a handful of berries and one-third of a banana, but I've had plenty to drink. Other than that, I've been conserving energy by staying in bed, and I'm having a wonderful time indifferently listening to music, thinking and daydreaming. The short story is that I am physically comfortable and am otherwise pleased, content, nostalgic, grateful, lucid and serene. (Well...Compared to what's normal for me, anyway.) It's no surprise then that I think it's good to spend a day like this periodically.

There's more to the story. A few years ago, I spent a day like this hoping to hasten my recovery from the flu, and it did seem to work. Moreover, once recovered, there was a period during which I felt more energetic and healthy than before the illness.

No comments: