Thursday, June 7, 2012

Unusual DIY Project.

Here is an unusual DIY project: the self haircut. Two days ago, out of nowhere, I became convinced I could give myself a good haircut. I'm not surprised that my mind wandered into this: going to get a haircut has always been a nuisance for me (there's the scheduling, the time, the money, etc.). Anyway, after some time spent thinking about it, the whole process made sense and seemed so easy. I already own scissors, electric clippers, and an assortment of guards, like what a barber would use. So, I found a few videos on the internet and did some reading. That same night, I gave myself a haircut, with some help from Darcy. It's as good as any haircut I've ever paid for. As long as I don't wait to long between cuts, it will be easy to do again. And that's one thing I like about it: I used to get haircuts every 6 weeks or so, but I always thought that I needed some touch up after 2 or 3 weeks. Now, it's all easy and convenient to do.

No comments: