Sunday, April 15, 2012

These past few weeks have been very exciting. On second thought, I think I should limit that statement: anyone else would probably opine my outer and inner life to be either ordinary or boring. What I think has happened is that the same old life has started to seem so much more interesting. In fact, all of the perceived excitement has been keeping me awake at night, and during the day too. Money is much less of a prolem, mainly because I stck to a budget. Part of the enjoyment in that is having to be creative at times to make the sum of all our expenses be within budget. Most people would find this obligation to be a real annoyance. Why do I like it? We also avoid eating out as much as possible. But doing so has caused the chore of cooking to become somewhat of a craft or hobby for me. I have somewhat expensive taste in food, but I'm too lazy to make recipies out of cookbooks, and also too frugal to eat out. But I've learned to cook simple recpies to my taste.

Also, a newfound fascination about electronics overcame me during the drive home one day in February. (I still remember the occasion very well.) Part of this fascination is just as a hobby, but I have also become optomistic (for no reason I can think of) that it will advance my career. Part of it might be this: I feel like I could study electronics non-stop. It seems this new fascination is more than it seems. I feel all powerful, like I can do anything. Maybe that's a delusion, but it feels real, as all delusions do.

Another thing that I feel like I've become more efficient in all aspects of everyday life. I used to think that it all had to get done at once, but now that drive doesn't nag me too much (as if work and leisure always had to be kept seperate). Now I just do what I can when I can, as if easy and frequent transitions between work and leisure are easy to make. The bottom line is that more gets done with what seems like less investment.

The real meaure of my new attitude is how much I am looking forward to the summer, which is more than ever. I have no anxiety about not working or about all the free time there will be.

No comments: